3/9/10

Slipknutz, Dogs Wearing Glasses

Today was a good day.

our Wings Your Way Trivia Night team, Slipknutz, won this week, beating out the semi-drunken college kids of UNH by a somewhat large margin for our third time. I helped get a big 50 point question, like "What year was bacon $1.67, gas was $1.02, and the average home cost $112,500?" or something. The gas thing tipped me off that it was an election year, since i've heard that gas prices drop prior to elections. Since it was the 90s, it was therefore either '92 or '96, and I guessed the former, since the prices in general sounded low. I was so, so, so happy when I got that. We got Bud Light hats for that question, despite the fact that none of us are anywhere near drinking age.

It's truly, truly the little things sometimes.

today was a beautiful day, and I went on a run, by myself, and just took everything in. i ran with my shadow, trying to catch it at some points. Felt like a kid again. The changing scenery from winter to spring. Brown grass metamorphoses to green.

I've been a writing machine, because I've been inspired by real-life happenings! GO FIGURE! i never write about things that actually happen to me, but I'd like to kind of start writing heartfelt things. it's kind of what a musician's supposed to do, after all. but I really can't seem to finish any songs. I have a couple ideas floating around right now though. Considering dropping You Look Like A Freemason. It's gotten so stale to me. Time will tell if I change my mind or not.

Well, it's that time of the week. Time for an intellectual dog montage.


The second one's my favorite. That's one motherfucking SCHOLARLY dog.

I can't think of anything to say. Probably because there's nothing TO say. Life's just generally treating me well at this very moment. I'm just worried that it'll probably change again and become the drab greyness that I'm so desperately trying to evade.

~-~



No comments: