1/12/10

Day 12

pages left to read by thursday: 170
songs on dumbledore's army's setlist: 25
distance i'm running at my meet tomorrow: 400m ≤ x ≤ 1200m
days until teen jeopardy test: 49
---
sorry self from 8 years ago, it's time to embarrass the crap out of you.

11-30-01
Dear Diary,
I've got Emily back on my side. I'm going to Stephen's party at Jokers tomorrow... I'm going to a Kirkwood Corners [at the time, the nursing home where my mom worked] party. I have a special relationship with Henry. He's so cool! We have a dance routine called "Smoogahoogavich". Don't tell anyone I said this. I think Emily is the most wonderful person ever. We are about to enter a new month. December. Yippee! Tony Hawk is what I want for Christmas. I think I'm a martian. Because whenever I look in a mirror... my face is shaped like a martian. A.M. places like school are bombing [?]. I feel like going on strike so bad about that. I NEED NOW 8 (cd)!! I want to get baptized. I hate Sam/Cody. No interest in them at all. Brand new gel pen. You like? I gota new book light. You like?
---

Today was one of the best days I've had in recent memory, primarily because I discovered that my crappy keyboard could be kicked down an octave. which is fantastic news, because the lower register on the keyboard sounds so so so much better. I can actually play most of my own music on there if it's an octave lower, so i might not need to spend $900 on a digital piano... yet.

I also realized that since Dumbledore's Army has a show on Saturday, I might be able to play a couple songs. I have in mind a cover + one of my own songs, probably All Day Long. My friend Eliot recommended that I gig more, and this is a perfect starting point.

And I also realized that my cover of Anyone Else But You by the Moldy Peaches is at 16,000 views. not sure how that happened. someone must just go to the page and refresh it twenty times a day or something for lulz.
--
universe effuses
through a tiny little hole
where it concentrates
and concentrates
and enter's michael's soul.

la da, la da, la da.

the cat sent out letters
with a simple strangeish statement
that the kids wrote on
the walls and all the
counters and the pavement.

la da, la da, la da.

yes, lyrics are, at a glacial pace, popping into my head. these are to the middle section to that song i've been toiling over for some time now. i need some for the beginning and the end and it could very well be finished.
--

That's about it pour aujourd'hui. I need go watch TV history, potentially the last American Idol season premiere. whoohah!

~-~

No comments: