1/11/10

Spontaneous Bachelor Rant, other crap

short blog today. *everyone rejoices*

My day: i have 220 pages to read by thursday, i found out my dog has a benign tumor, and jeopardy wasn't on due to some stupid senatorial debate. verdict: bad day, despite the fact that my dad provided me with a homemade, delicious chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich.

currently, i'm waiting for robert's new video to load and in the background i can hear some horrible cover band doing horrible covers of Chicago songs on the Bachelor. Which is a show in which thirty materialistic, rich 25 year old girls swoon over a successful 35 year old guy, pretending that they're in love so that they can get air time on TV. practice their acting skills, make it look like they're actually viciously competing. stir up some nonexistent drama, lie about their backgrounds, lie about others backgrounds. for the almighty dollar. "I've never loved anyone more than I love him. (even though I've only known him for a week.)" "My heart's been completely broken. (it hasn't.)" fake, fake, fake.

all of this while he cheats on every single one of them off-camera and gets his heart broken in the end because no one really loves each other on the show and it's all an act.

GREAT tv.


^would be a better show^
---
look up the poem 'cartoon physics part 1' by nick flynn. it's pretty awesome.

~-~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That poem is in our Poetry 180 book for my lit class! It's great. (And it's a bit sad that I've read and recognize every one.)

Unknown said...

Oh my, I just got it! BACHelor! Clever.
/toomanycomments