1/22/10

Madness of Mules

I'm probably going to eat at a place called The Rusty Hammer tonight. Upon hearing my dad's recommendation of it, I did a quick search on urbandictionary, since it sounded an awful lot like something that would be on urbandictionary. and i was right. gross.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rusty%20hammer&defid=1842766

Tonight there's a pep rally at my school. Mules Madness, they call it. Being the mildly antisocial person that I am, I'm choosing not to attend.

Reasons:
a) almost nothing happens, other than talking to the people around you.
b) i don't think it's necessary to pay in order to talk to a few people.
c) When something DOES happen inbetween the 15 minute hiatuses, we watch people win prizes, while occasionally chanting our school's communistesque chant "N-H-S! *foot stomp* N-H-S! *foot stomp*". not exactly appealing.
d) the games that precede the pep rally won't even be fun to watch, because the school we're playing against is like 3000 times smaller than ours. which is saying something. (good job in advance, team)
e) i have to make a video on TOP of blogging (that i still have yet to start)... friday's are difficult for this reason in the first place.
f) i'm too COOL for pep rallies, obviously. /blatant sarcasm

i've come up with a couple of titles for my previously untitled songs. 'En attendant...' which translates to 'While waiting...' and 'You Look Like A Freemason'. I have no idea how the latter title came about, I just know that it sounds fancy.
---
For future reference: Trigga Hiccups by Menomena goes absolutely flawless into Underground by Ben Folds Five, for the next time you decide to spend 38 hours making an hour long mix.

This reminds me. This is gorgeous sounding.



And while we're on the tangent of music sharing, I found out about the song below (called the Coloring of Pigeons by The Knife) through a certain Anthony Fantano. (http://youtube.com/theneedledrop). A word of caution: it's 11 minutes, very minimalistic, and has operatic elements to it. But i've determined that I like it, because it really does feel as if you're walking through a dark forest:
http://theneedledrop.blogspot.com/2010/01/mp3-new-collab-from-knife.html

all i'm asking for for my birthday, i've determined, is Beloved by Toni Morrison (really really liked Song of Solomon) and The Road by Cormac McCarthy. aaaand a little more money towards my piano, which is slowly turning into just spending money. *stupid consumeristic mindset*

(also. optimization problems hurt my head.

Question: A sheet of cardboard 3 ft. by 4 ft. will be made into a box by cutting equal-sized squares from each corner and folding up the four edges. What will be the dimensions of the box with largest volume?

Answer: .57 x 1.86 x 2.86. somehow.)

i need to go run off and make a video now. I'm stealing Robert's ideas of describing a bunch of things. (they need to realize that if they keep using copyrighted music, our channel WILL be taken down. see http://musicfromblueskies.blogspot.com for proof.)

~-~

P.S. Tonight's Conan O'Brien's last night on NBC. I can not wait. Hopefully he ends up spending like $10 million dollars of NBC's money and just gives the best, most epic send-off ever.

SO MANY ELEMENTS TO THIS BLOG, MY GOD.

No comments: