1/16/10

My ears hurt.

Prolonged exposure to loud, repetitive, tinny noises is never a good thing. And yet for close to an hour and a half, I smacked the living crap out of my ride cymbal, and now there's an incessant ringing in my ears.

But it was worth it. The concert was essentially a huge success, minus the late start and the failure at playing Sandstorm.

There was Lady Gaga and there was rapping and there was a strobe light and there was of course plenty of wrock. I played four songs, two of them covers (At The Hop - Devendra Banhart), and whenever I said anything, it was awkward. Because I'm generally an awkward person. But those went well, except for All Day Long because I decided to set it to a crappy setting that didn't work at all with the song. In comparison to everything else, it was downtempo and slow. My act was surrounded my a cover of Party in The USA and RP Beatz, after all. But I was proud of it, for once. I actually had a live show that went well for once, in my opinion.

Dumbledore's Army had their best concert. We say that everytime, which is definitely a good thing. Spirits are always high.

There was a good turnout of new people and they ended up getting into it, which made us ecstatic. Rob pumped them up to no end, serving as the leader of the band and the conductor of the crowd. Other than a complete mess-up of Felix Felicis on my part, we played very well. We got loud very often. It was a beautiful show.

I need sleep, ANOTHER track meet tomorrow. I better run faster. Otherwise I'm gonna kick myself in the teeth.

~-~

No comments: