1/7/10

The philosophy of trespassing

this is something i started thinking about today. i was taking a shortcut from my school to my house behind a healthcare facility and an apartment complex. and whenever i take this shortcut, i'm always worried that an employee or resident there or someone's gonna see me and tell me that i'm trespassing. so i started thinking.

trespassing is essentially saying 'you can't exist here. please exist somewhere else.' which, when you think about it, is kind of silly. if i'm not doing anything harmful, what deep-seated pain am i causing by walking behind the back of your building? i'm just innocent matter moving through space-time. i guess it boils down to people being excessively possessive of what they own, an intrinsic flaw with humanity... i wish i could dig more into this tangent, but that's where it ends for me.

in other news, i figured out today that the one thing i'm good at is parallelism. in english we did these little things. "the grumpy old man, who didn't have the heart for rollercoasters, who didn't have the legs for walking around all day, and who CERTAINLY didn't have the patience to sit on the kiddie rides with his grandchildren, looked on yearningly as his wife and offspring headed off into the theme park." and "there was something about the letter, its faint scent of perfume, its tears around the edges, its frantic handwriting."

it's getting dark and i need to play some music. *runs off*
*an hour passes*
alright, i'm back. i managed to hybridize two of my songs, but that was about all i could accomplish. because my throat problem is still very existent and still very bothersome. the worst part is that i have hyper salivary glands, so i'm swallowing spit like every 10 seconds. if anything, it feels like it's starting to worsen. it used to just kind of an irritation, but now it feels like my throat's being paralyzed every time i swallow. and last night, i got 5 hours of sleep like i have for the last 3 out of 4 nights because i've been coughing incessantly. my parents called the doctor's already, but they just said it was a cold symptom. bull. shit.

my mom just checked, there are white spots on my tonsils. so it's probably either tonsillitis or strep. woop.

in the meantime, i'm gonna do the single calc problem and the french exercises that were assigned to me, fight through the pain to eat my stuffed pepper, and then go to bed early enough so that i can manage 8 hours of sleep. AIE.

~-~

Post script: this makes absolutely no sense:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting. If you're only what you own, what are you? I'd rather exist with others. (Thinking of the musical RENT, ha.)