1/20/10

le chasseur du bois

IMPORTANT UPDATE: 3kewldoods is on a temporary hiatus (already. Jesus.) until things can get back to normal. Robert's video just wouldn't upload this week, and Rob's been in and out of the hospital. He was having a chronic headache, went to the hospital, one doctor said it was a tumor at first but then he said it was his sinuses but it's apparently neither of those two things. So he's missed two days of school and is missing another one tomorrow for more tests and shots and god-knows-what. We just talked on AIM, he seemed to be fine, but he's apparently on 'so many pain killers'.

So since those two aren't in a position to upload at the moment, I feel as though it'd be best to just let the channel sit for now. I'd rather have us doing this as a collective instead of just me making videos by myself until god-knows-when-things-get-back-to-normal. I could do that on my own channel.

EDIT: Robert's video finally showed up today. I guess we're going on with it!
---
today was alright. i discovered that i nearly have a full EP worth of material. Here's the rundown:

1. Untitled Song (4-4.5 minutes long)
2. Triumvirate #1 (short interlude)
4. Untitled Song (5-5.5 minute song)
7. Triumvirate #2 (another short interlude)
5. Slow Clap (actually recorded, short song)
6. Untitled Song (6.5 minutes long, formerly called Nightmare)

I apparently need to work on titles.

The three untitled songs are very sporadic, they go through several changes, no distinct verse or chorus in any of them. Not that any of my songs follow verse-chorus-verse structure anyways. i have the attention span of a 5 year old, essentially. The problem I'm having though is that The 1st two untitled songs have kind of similar elements, and I tend to hate when that happens. A little more ironing out, and then

I need to spend a good solid half hour reconstructing my studio, it's been unplugged since Christmas. And now I have another mic, so hopefully recording piano and vocals at once shouldn't be an issue. This will make things go literally twice as fast, and it'll probably make things sound better. I tend to emote in my vocals more when I'm playing piano at the same time.

---
if you'll excuse me, i have about 30,000 hours of undone homework to get done.

but first, cinq choses plus:
1. coke zero's rather tasty.
2. my painful sore throat's making a comeback.
3. the title of this blog directly translates to 'the hunter of wood'. it was the name of some french folk-indie-country song by some french canadian band that we had to partially translate for our french final.
4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4-EAiNewsQ&feature=sub
HENRY GREEN WAS BORN TODAY!
5.

THATS IT

~-~

No comments: